Re: [Ekiga-list] Impressions and feedback from linux and windows ekiga

2009/8/23 Julio Sosa <salsa_tango_musica yahoo com ar>
2) I was also wondering how do GoogleTalk, psi, empathy and other that they don't have problems being behind a router(specifically ports problems). Why ekiga does? Is it a problem of software desing? SIP protocol design? router standard open ports?

2 answers :

- When NAT and port 80/443 are available ( no http Proxy ) I guess ICE and TURN makes the difference ( only STUN in Ekiga for the moment it seems  )  -> So you might have a Symmetric Nat or a multiple NAT ?

- When only a http proxy is detected , Google can be used as a relay through a tunnel which can also be used by other client than google talk , such as empathy.

All this apply to XMPP signaling.

--
Michel memeteau