Re: [Ekiga-list] The man's got problems

At 2008-09-28 19:55+0200, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> sent:

What I don't understand is that you establish the call at 10:23:00.821,
and you receive a response from the proxy at 10:23:01.301 :
SIP/2.0 100 Giving a try
then nothing during 1 minute....

I really think your SIP packets are firewalled or something so.

The "STUN server unexpectedly went offline" seems to confirm that
problem.

Something like that! I reverted to an older kernel, and now both accounts work beautifully. Clearly not an Ekiga problem; I guess it's time to go config diffing...

If anyone's curious, here's the kernel config diff:

http://pastebin.com/mc70b16a

The left side is for my old kernel, 2.6.23-gentoo-r9, and the right side for the new-but-broken kernel, 2.6.24-tuxonice-r9. Nothing leaps out at me as "Hey, I'm going to break your networking!", but I have had other networking-related problems (NetworkManager stalls out on me, Firefox insists that I'm in offline mode on startup) with this kernel, which have also vanished now that I've reverted. Moral of the story, I guess: don't do software upgrades concurrently with kernel upgrades.

Damien, thanks for all your help; Ekiga 3 is beautiful and I'm delighted that it's working for me now.