Re: [Ekiga-list] new debian snapshots

Le vendredi 12 septembre 2008 à 17:45 +1200, Adam Bogacki a écrit :
> Thanks.
> > kill the gconfd-2 process and restart ekiga.
> .. it did not work. Same error message as before.
>
> > Does gconftool-2 -u /apps/ekiga/general/gconf_test_age
> > fix the problem ?
> Likewise .. which is strange because the previous (debian 2.0.11-2)
> ekiga had no such problem.

That is because you once forced the key to a specific value by hand,
then forgot about it. Hence the problem.

> At this point I'm a bit confused .. this is my first experience of it. I
> admire its clean lines,
> but cannot immediately find all the functions I have become used to. It
> might be a good idea
> to keep an 'old' version around as an option until people migrate. I
> can't find the 'prescence'
> option in the address book which shows online Ekiga users.

It does not exist anymore (but could come again at a later stage).
But you can add 2.9.90 contacts to your roster, and see people
online/away/ ....

Thanks for trying it :)
--
 _     Damien Sandras