Re: [Ekiga-list] Snapshot has lost some tricks

Le mercredi 27 août 2008 à 22:17 +1000, David Bannon a écrit :

> On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 10:27 +0200, yannick wrote:
> > Le mercredi 27 août 2008 à 17:57 +1000, David Bannon a écrit :
> > > fact, I cannot find anywhere to add STUN to my config in the snapshot. I
> > > am behind a NAT and cannot make any outward going SIP connections, so
> > > assume I need STUN.
> >
> > This test is performed, but the configuration is now automated. Does it
> > work for you?
> >

> Nope, I get a "Could not connect to remote host" message, if, for
> example, I put "sip:500" in the location bar.

You have to use the full sip address : sip:500 ekiga net
It is proposed in a list when you dial out, so you just have to select
it once your number is fully typed.

> I want it primarily for a H323 client and do believe I can connect and
> receive at least voice over H323. Would like to connect to an echo
> service to make sure about sending before an important meeting!
>
> Now, I note in another message that you have a separate version of the
> snapshot (gtkonly) for us heretical KDE users ! Thats me, my ubuntu is
> really kubuntu, is that an issue ? I see you talk about less support
> being available ....

Full support will come at a later stage. For now, I would recomment not
using it.
--
 _     Damien Sandras