Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga.net echo test does not work, but...

Hi Maurizio,

Le dimanche 04 mars 2007 �2:00 +0100, Maurizio Avogadro a �it :
> Hi Damien
>
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > If you head the message, but do not head your echo back, then I suppose
> > it is a trivial microphone configuration problem.
> >
> No, I can exclude such problems: remember that the Gizmo echo test
> service works fine.
> > Have you tried the configuration assistant audio devices test ? Does it
> > play back your voice ? With how much delay ?
> >
> Of course, it was the first thing I did when I encountered problems. It
> plays back my voice perfectly after 4 secs. as stated on the test box.
>
> This is really weird: please focalize your attention to the fact that
> Gizmo's echo test service, unlike Wengo's and ekiga.net's, works
> perfectly with any codec: this eliminates any doubt about network and
> audio devices, in my opinion. I wonder if there is some "flavour" or

About audio devices, yes.
About network problems, not sure.

> setting of the codecs in use by Ekiga that could cause compatibility
> issues, even if I would consider a rather strange behaviour if Ekiga
> could not pass ekiga.net echo test.

I don't think so.

> Please tell me: in the dependencies of ekiga itself and of the libopal
> package I can only see libspeex1 as a codec: are GSM, PCMU and PCMA
> implemented directly in libopal? In other words: is there any library
> other than Ekiga's that could affect Ekiga operation with its issues?

All codecs are implemented directly into OPAL. What versions of Ekiga
and OPAL are you using ?

That behavior is weird.
--
 _      Damien Sandras