Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga.net echo test does not work, but...

Le dimanche 04 mars 2007 à 03:04 +0100, Maurizio Avogadro a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I tried to setup a SIP account. I'm running Debian Sid (Ekiga 2.0.3) and
> I have 2 sound cards, one of them (an AD1888 ICH5 onboard card) used
> only by webphones in order to avoid any problem.
>
> My provider puts all of its customers in a MAN behind a NAT; Ekiga
> detects my situation as a "Cone NAT" and suggest using STUN.
>
> Wengophone is not a mature project: I can talk, but the application
> crashes very often and the connections are not reliable, therefore I
> decided to try out Ekiga with my Wengo account.
> I successfully configured Ekiga; when I tried to place a call to any of
> the Wengo echo test services I could hear perfectly the pre-recorded
> message but as soon as the following echo test started I couldn't hear
> anything.

I suppose you use the _crypted_ password for your account.

Can you try this additional config:
In Preferences → SIP parameters→ Outbound Proxy
213.91.9.206 ( sipproxy.wengo.fr )
or
213.91.9.210
or
213.91.9.216

Maybe, try to deactivate the iLBC codec too.

> These tests worked well with Wengophone; after some pointless fiddling
> with Ekiga's settings I decided to subscribe to ekiga.net, but the echo
> test call @ekiga.net resulted in a completely silent call.

Don't use the outbound proxy with ekiga.net
Echo test is sip:500 ekiga net

Regards,
Yannick