Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga, siproxd on Debian Etch troubles.

Le jeudi 07 juin 2007 �6:37 +0200, Bruno Hertz a �it :
> Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:
>
> > Le mardi 05 juin 2007 �0:08 +0200, Bent Bagger a �it :

> >> Reinvite?
> >>

> > I don't think so. I think sipproxd does not relay the message, no idea
> > why ;)
>
> Perfectly right. You guessed that from those missing TRYINGs, I
> presume ;)
>
> Anyway, here a short update for you, in case you're interested:
>
> (1)
>
> The issue apparently is caused by siproxd failing to resolve the
> internal router name. Don't know why. I'm in contact with the
> siproxd developer, by private mail exchange and here in public:
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1750615&forum_id=203640
>
> All other apps (ping etc.) do resolve the name. I wrote a short
> program employing gethostbyname() myself, and it also succeeds when
> run on the router. I'm very curious to hear why siproxd doesn't.
>
> (2)
>
> In a previous mail, I asked whether all requests (REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE,
> INVITE etc.) should directly be sent to the proxy. This really was a
> question, because I don't know but did observe that Ekiga circumvents
> the proxy e.g. when contacting the registrar, which I suspected might
> be a potential cause of trouble.
>
> I know think this might be the right behavior though, but aren't
> sufficiently into SIP to really claim this right now. You will
> likely know this.
>
> (3)
>
> I didn't test the new snapshot package yet, cause I'd really like
> to wait for deb packages, which apparently aren't up yet. I'll
> give feedback as soon as possible though.
>

> So if it finally comes out as it now looks like, Ekiga was not to
> blame but I rather troubled you for a siproxd error I failed to
> properly recognize. Sorry for that. You definitively helped me
> narrowing it down though, so I hope my appreciation is a slight
> compensation for the work I've been causing you ...

The INVITE, REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE should be sent to sipproxd. There was
a bug in the snapshot preventing this (2.0.3 was ok), so you helped me
finding this bug :)

Thanks a lot.
--
 _     Damien Sandras