Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Various Bugs

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Eugen Dedu
<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
> On 14/08/12 22:16, hohyeis eml cc wrote:
>>
>> Using the current repository versions, ALSA works for input and output.
>>

>> I found out that the 'make install' of ekiga gives the gconf errors due to
>> a fault which is circumvented by running as root. Even when everything is
>> owned by another user, it is still necessary to run as root, at least as set
>> up in Debian. If we don't find out more about how to fix this, it would be
>> good to describe in the build documentation.
>>
>> The error messages are like this:
>>
>>   /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ekiga.schemas '/usr/local/etc/gconf/schemas'
>> WARNING: failed to install schema
>> `/schemas/apps/ekiga/devices/audio/output_device', locale `lv': Unable to
>> store a value at key '/schemas/
>

> Indeed, I have always used --disable-schemas...
>
> This appears because of the command:
> $ GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults gconftool-2
> --makefile-install-rule ekiga.schemas 2>&1 > /dev/null
>
> If the schema cannot be installed in /etc, then probably it should not be
> installed at all.

The way we deal with this in Fedora packaging is the following.

For "make install" we do:

export GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=1
make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}
unset GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL

Then in pre/post install package scriptlets we do:

%pre
if [ "$1" -gt 1 ] ; then
export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule \
%{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/ekiga.schemas > /dev/null || :
fi

%post
export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule \
%{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/ekiga.schemas > /dev/null || :

> Do you agree, Julien?  Anyway, we should migrate to gsettings.

Yes please :-)

Peter