Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Various Bugs

On 14/08/12 22:16, hohyeis eml cc wrote:
Using the current repository versions, ALSA works for input and output.

I found out that the 'make install' of ekiga gives the gconf errors due to a fault which is circumvented by running as root. Even when everything is owned by another user, it is still necessary to run as root, at least as set up in Debian. If we don't find out more about how to fix this, it would be good to describe in the build documentation.

The error messages are like this:

  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ekiga.schemas '/usr/local/etc/gconf/schemas'
WARNING: failed to install schema `/schemas/apps/ekiga/devices/audio/output_device', locale `lv': Unable to store a value at key '/schemas/

Indeed, I have always used --disable-schemas...

This appears because of the command:
$ GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule ekiga.schemas 2>&1 > /dev/null

If the schema cannot be installed in /etc, then probably it should not be installed at all.

I suppose the above command should have inverted last parameters like this:
> /dev/null 2>&1

Do you agree, Julien?  Anyway, we should migrate to gsettings.