Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ekiga for openmoko

Hi Julien!

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 18:40:43 +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Luca Capello a écrit :
>> 1) Ekiga requires too much disk space:
[...]
>>    I would like a minimal version with no GNOME libraries (Bonobo &
>>    Co.), just Opal, PTlib and the minimum required GTK+, full stop.  May
>>    I remind you that the Openmoko GTA02 Neo FreeRunner has 256MB of
>>    flash?  :-(
>
> It *is* possible to disable the evolution support -- it looks like
> it's the culprit behind most of the deps.

Eugen, should I officially ask for a ekiga-gtk-only package?

>> 3) I can register to ekiga.net and call the echo test at 500 ekiga net,
>>    the echo voice starts instructing me but then ekiga segfault:
[...]
>> [New Thread 0x4339e410 (LWP 2494)]
>
> It looks like a threading issue, but I can't tell more.
>
>> It is better than August 2008, but not yet perfect ;-)
>
> It would be interesting to get it going. Is there an easy way for a
> debian user to install a good ARM virtual machine on a ix86 computer?
> [and to cross-compile ekiga for testing?]

You can use the stock QEMU in Debian as explained at:

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner#DevelopApplicationsforandonDebian

Then you do not cross-compile, but instead you build Debian packages on
that QEMU image.  However, I have never tried to run X.Org on such an
image (and nowadays I do everything on a real ARM machine, my Openmoko
GTA01 and GTA02).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca