Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ekiga for openmoko

Luca Capello wrote:
Hi Julien!

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 18:40:43 +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:
Luca Capello a écrit :
1) Ekiga requires too much disk space:
[...]
   I would like a minimal version with no GNOME libraries (Bonobo &
   Co.), just Opal, PTlib and the minimum required GTK+, full stop.  May
   I remind you that the Openmoko GTA02 Neo FreeRunner has 256MB of
   flash?  :-(
It *is* possible to disable the evolution support -- it looks like
it's the culprit behind most of the deps.

Eugen, should I officially ask for a ekiga-gtk-only package?

A similar report exists on debian bugzilla, http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=520830 . The best solution is to add runtime detection (used by those who installed it, not used by the others), as shown here:

"what you suggest ("ekiga: Dependancy on evolution-data-server should be
removed or moved to additional package") should be possible after adding
runtime detection of evolution-data-server to Ekiga."

Could that be done in ekiga?