Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ekiga for openmoko

Luca Capello a écrit :
Hi there!

On Sun, 17 May 2009 22:36:03 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
OTOH, the last time I tried it (in August 2008 at DebConf8) I was not
able to make/receive any call and since then I just gave up.

I tried again, here the results...

1) Ekiga requires too much disk space:
=====
debian-gta02:~# apt-get install ekiga
[...]
  ekiga evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-common gvfs
  libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common libcamel1.2-14 libcelt0
  libebackend1.2-0 libebook1.2-9 libecal1.2-7 libedata-book1.2-2
  libedata-cal1.2-6 libedataserver1.2-11 libegroupwise1.2-13
  libgdata-google1.2-1 libgdata1.2-1 libgnome2-0 libgnome2-common
  libgweather-common libgweather1 libical0 libltdl7 libnspr4-0d
  libnss3-1d libopal3.6.1 libproxy0 libpt2.6.1 libpt2.6.1-plugins-alsa
  libpt2.6.1-plugins-v4l2 libsoup-gnome2.4-1 libv4l-0 odbcinst1debian1
  unixodbc
0 upgraded, 34 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 34.8MB of archives.
After this operation, 75.0MB of additional disk space will be used.
[...]

debian-gta02:~# dpkg -s ekiga | grep Version
Version: 3.2.1~git20090515.9d0263-1

debian-gta02:~#
=====

   I would like a minimal version with no GNOME libraries (Bonobo &
   Co.), just Opal, PTlib and the minimum required GTK+, full stop.  May
   I remind you that the Openmoko GTA02 Neo FreeRunner has 256MB of
   flash?  :-(

It *is* possible to disable the evolution support -- it looks like it's the culprit behind most of the deps.

3) I can register to ekiga.net and call the echo test at 500 ekiga net,
   the echo voice starts instructing me but then ekiga segfault:
=====
debian-gta02:~# DISPLAY=:0.0 gdb ekiga
GNU gdb 6.8-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabi"...

(ekiga:2467): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display: assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed
The program 'ekiga' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 34 error_code 8 request_code 139 minor_code 3)
[New Thread 0x4339e410 (LWP 2494)]

It looks like a threading issue, but I can't tell more.

It is better than August 2008, but not yet perfect ;-)

It would be interesting to get it going. Is there an easy way for a debian user to install a good ARM virtual machine on a ix86 computer? [and to cross-compile ekiga for testing?]