[Ekiga-devel-list] ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.1.0 [UNSTABLE] available
- From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, Ekiga Developers List <ekiga-devel-list gnome org>, Ekiga Users List <ekiga-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Ekiga-devel-list] ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.1.0 [UNSTABLE] available
- Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:06:19 +0100
This is the first unstable release of the next 3.2 release of Ekiga.
* What is it ?
Ekiga is a free Voice over IP softphone allowing you to do free calls
over the Internet.
Ekiga is the first Open Source application to support both H.323 and
SIP, as well as audio and video. Ekiga was formerly known as
More information can be found at http://www.ekiga.org
* Where to get it ?
Ekiga is available at:
Required librairies can be found at:
* What's changed ?
* Added support for G.722 and CELT audio wideband codecs
* Added support for SIP dialog-info notifications, it allows being
notified of incoming calls for the phones of your colleagues with
software like Asterisk
* Added support to disable STUN detection
* Improved LDAP support in the address book, authentication is now
* Killed the gconf_test_age test, Ekiga can now finally work with badly
installed GConf schemas
* More efficient memory handling using gmref_ptr, increases stability
* Better handling of multiple network interfaces with dynamic addition
* libgnome is not required anymore when using GTK+ 2.14
* Many code cleanups, new GObjects, ...
* Work in progress : XCAP support, Resource List support, GStreamer
audio and video capture support, ...
_ Damien Sandras
//\ Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org/
v_/_ Be IP : http://www.beip.be/
FOSDEM : http://www.fosdem.org/
SIP Phone : sip:dsandras ekiga net
] [Thread Prev