Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Tarball generation issues

Le lundi 05 janvier 2009 à 17:26 +0100, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
> > Also when doing the library check I get the following opal error if
> > the speex libs aren't installed (should it not be checking for
> > speex?).
> >
> > checking for PTLIB... yes
> > checking for OPAL... configure: error: Package requirements (opal >=
> > 3.4.2) were not met:
> >
> > Package speexdsp was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `speexdsp.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > Package 'speexdsp', required by 'opal', not found
> >
> > Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> > installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> >
> > Alternatively, you may set the environment variables OPAL_CFLAGS
> > and OPAL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> > See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> What happens is that opal asks, through its pkg-config file, that
> libspeex-dev be installed when another package depending on opal, such
> as ekiga, is configured.  This is an error (not -dev, but the library is
> needed), but I do not know how to solve it for the moment.

Are we sure it is an error ?

I would have supposed it was a feature of pkgconfig. Anyway, what is
sure is that it is not ekiga's job to request speexdsp, so if anything
has to be fixed, it is in opal.pc.

And what I don't understand is that I do not get this error, however,
speexdsp.pc is not on my system !?
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/