Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] mingw, ekiga trunk

Le mercredi 11 février 2009 à 23:44 -0600, Michael Cronenworth a écrit :
> TRUNK doesn't build or run well. After hours of messing with it I'm
> giving up until I can get some assistance. Here's the issues I've
> encountered.

Matthias (see another thread) is the one with the most experience.

> Ptlib
> -The svcproc patch is no longer necessary. You applied it to trunk,
> but it wasn't needed. Please revert the patch.

I reverted it.

> -ptlib/include/ptlib/msos/ptlib/contain.h is exposing WINVER of
> 0x0500, when it should be 0x0501 to compile with the changes in
> ptlib/src/ptlib/msos/ethsock.cxx

Patch applied.

> -The PTimeParse symbol is still not being compiled correctly. I'm
> having to use a stub.

If you can provide patches, it is better.

> Opal
> -Missing the configure test changes. This is known already.
> #include <SDL/SDL.h>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> instead of
> int main()

Not sure where, but anyway, we do not need to compile with SDL.

> Ekiga
> -ekiga/lib/platform/platform-win32.c needs a one line change. The
> g_win32_get_package_installation_directory_of_module() function only
> takes one argument. GTK doc link[1].

Fixed.

> -If I enable LDAP, SASL support is requested. Two SASL function calls
> are being made when support is not available in mingw. I spent a few
> hours trying to get a libsasl2.dll but it was fruitless. Cyrus-SASL is
> meant for Cygwin and not mingw. The two offending calls were
> sasl_client_init() and sasl_global_list_mech(). I noticed a "FIXME" on
> the init call. I disabled LDAP support for now.

Julien ? Perhaps Julien could contact one of the OpenLDAP authors who
largely improved our LDAP code.

> With those changes made... Ekiga 3.1.1 builds and runs, but it does
> not register and crashes on exit. I'm attaching a debug log of that.

I see nothing wrong. Could you provide a gdb output ? (see the wiki for
details on how to get a gdb trace).

Thanks for the hard work, it is really appreciated!
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/