Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Windows XP: "wave" volume goes to zero when calling

Michael Rickmann wrote:
> Hi Eugen, hallo Dominik,
> I think, I fixed it, i.e. possibly the connected cases of 586531. The
> main thread  was closing the audioinput device, while the "Media Patch"
> thread which pumps the data into the internet was still active.
> Consequently "Media Patch" switched to the silence device. This was left
> in current_device of audioinput-core.cpp, and it was used for the next
> call. Attached patch also sets internal_set_manager(desired_device);
> when the stream is started, i.e. when it is really needed. The patch
> fixes all my greyed audiobutton problems. Dominik, I just uploaded a new
> http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ekiga-setup-3.2.pre6-release.exe .
> Could you try it, please, and see how many of your issues get solved.
> The initial mute which you desribe is good one, I think. The lady on
> 500 ekiga net starts babbling along immediately and what we hear is the
> time which Ekiga needs to get ready. It is better to dump the buffers
> than to have audio latency.
> As your cases, Dominik, are so manyfold I also looked into Ekiga's
> audiooutput with respect to saving the desired device across calls. In
> priciple audioautput-core can be affected in the same way as audioinput.
> But at the moment and for me things go right, i.e.
> AudioOutputCore::stop() is called twice when a call finishes and thus
> the desired device is saved for sure. I guess the calls come from Ekiga
> main and a worker thread. But with threading one always knows best in
> the end, so I prepared an addional patch (attached ekiga_4outaudiodev).
> The corresponding download is
> http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ekiga-setup-3.2.pre6-release.exe.isitbetter
> . Does it resolve any remaining issues for you? For me it is not better.

I tried both of these versions from ekiga to ekiga without ekiga.net.

I noticed that the microphone setting does not seem to have any
effect to sound volume.

Also I noticed from log that some weird path was used for dialtone.wav.

2009/08/18 11:58:27.421	  0:16.270	AudioEvent...duler:3040	AEScheduler	Checking pending list with 1
elements
2009/08/18 11:58:27.421	  0:16.270	AudioEvent...duler:3040	AEScheduler	Trying to load dialtone.wav
for event ring_tone_sound
2009/08/18 11:58:27.421	  0:16.270	AudioEvent...duler:3040	AEScheduler	Trying to load
/home/mrickma/src/ekiga/ekiga_build-3.2.pre6/dist/Ekiga/share/sounds/ekiga/dialtone.wav for event
ring_tone_sound

Both versions still sometimes do not shutdown correctly, I inlcuded one
log, if it helps.

I had other problems, but I could not recreate them after I had done
cleaner installation (removed old ekiga.conf) and got video working
properly. Those additional problems were: microphone setting was set to
maximum between calls (but I think it did not work then either) and
hang up failed very frequently.

jarmo