Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] another two Win32 crashes

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 09:49 +0200, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
2) When I try to connect to 500 ekiga net with echo cancellation enabled
I get a crash. Ekiga shows "Connected with 500 ekiga net Call
Duration ... PCMA - H261" and I can hear the female voice before a
debugger is attached. You can find the logs at
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/logs-win32-crashes.tar.gz
They are a bit to long for this mail. Surprisingly the echo cancel crash
is triggered from speex/libspeex/kiss_fft.c regardless wether I have
enabled the speex codec or not.

That's because we are using SPEEX to cancel echo, even if you are not
using the speex audio codec, we are still using the internal routines.
However, that code has been giving crashes here and there. I'm not sure
we can do anything else than disabling it.

1. I see in win32/Makefile:97 that speex is downloaded from Web and that it is version 1.1.12 which is downloaded. Couldn't we take 1.2rc1 from the same URL?

2. I think there is an error in win32/Makefile:381:
	rm -f $(LIBDIR)/_ibspeex.a
should be libspeex instead of _ibspeex, isn't it?