Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] another two Win32 crashes

Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 09:49 +0200, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
> I try to get Win32 Ekiga built and running from current SVN HEAD and
> experienced difficulties in the local rooster and the echo cancellation.
> 1) The crash when I right click local rooster to add a new contact is
> due to SVN commit 7830 to local-heap.cpp . When I reverse that patch it
> works, though any private contacts are only shown as long as Ekiga has
> not registered.

That's for Julien.

> 2) When I try to connect to 500 ekiga net with echo cancellation enabled
> I get a crash. Ekiga shows "Connected with 500 ekiga net Call
> Duration ... PCMA - H261" and I can hear the female voice before a
> debugger is attached. You can find the logs at
> http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/logs-win32-crashes.tar.gz
> They are a bit to long for this mail. Surprisingly the echo cancel crash
> is triggered from speex/libspeex/kiss_fft.c regardless wether I have
> enabled the speex codec or not.

That's because we are using SPEEX to cancel echo, even if you are not
using the speex audio codec, we are still using the internal routines.
However, that code has been giving crashes here and there. I'm not sure
we can do anything else than disabling it.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/