Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga 3.00 Feature request.

On 04/04/07, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson gmail com> wrote:

This is a reasonable idea the problem is maintaining the information
for all the providers so its correct. Possibly another way is to have
a providers directory in the wiki by location, that way people who
have success with a provider can add the details or shock horror the
providers could actually maintain there own details.

I really love this idea , But it has been discussed one year ago on the list , and a lot of people thought that ekiga had to saty independent of VOIP providers , which I disagree .  It would be quite easy to put an xml file on ekiga.net , and that voip providers could fill , This would make ekiga the best application because you would have choice and it just works .

Check how Go-SIP has done :

http://www.go-sip.com/dl.php?lang=en

Which is a different way
--