Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] preliminary patch for X-Video support

Hi, sure, SDL can provide hardware overlay with the following constraints:

	- only available when run as root
	- only DGA driver (framebuffer in console mode)
	- acceleration only available at fullscreen
	- tries to switch to a resolution close to the overlay resolution

Just the first issue (see
http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=3#31
) rules out SDL under linux. Furthermore the GDK/SDL implementation does the colorspace transform
in software..
Concerning the PIP issue, as Gregory already pointed out correctly every recent X graphics adaptor
driver should support multiple overlays. In case the second overlay shouldnt be possible, my
implementation simply doesnt display it.

Matthias

Matthias