Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Video Codec listing

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:05:24 +0200 (CEST)
Matthias Schneider <ma30002000 yahoo de> wrote:

..deleted

> > > My problem is if I fire up Ekiga, I only see 1 codec in the video codec preference window, it
> > says "H.261".  Do you see the same behavior?
> >
> > It is a problem with your codec implementation in that case.
> >
> > I suggest you to have a look at the codec parsing code in Ekiga. I am
> > trying to do a smart cleanup of codecs that could explain this. I only
> > display codecs supposed usable for both H.323 and SIP.
> > --
> >  _      Damien Sandras
>
> That would be great, because I noticed that with video codecs with non-fixed and dynamic (i.e. 0)
> payload type codes ekiga is capable of some weird things  (e.g. crashing on the receipt of a
> frame, not tagging the frames passed to the encoder with their correct resolution, not passing the
> options to the encoder and simply not appearing in the codec list)

You can't have two codecs of the same type in your codec list. SIP and
H.323 won''t support it, and OPAL tries hard to stop if from happening.

You don't say whether you are using the latest plugin codecs or the
embedded codec system. As Damien points out in a seperate email, the
codec management code was revamped during the recent plugin code - if
you are not using it then I recommend you change over.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment ? VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting