Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Video Codec listing

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:39:38 -0700
"Zou, Yixiong" <yixiong zou intel com> wrote:

> [...]

It's not possible to have two codecs with exactly the same name. When
this occurs, the plugin manager will choose the one with the more recent
plugin timestamp, or if they are the same, it will randomly choose which
one goes in the list.

Neither H.323 or SIP has the ability to specify multiple codecs of the
same type, so this is not a loss in functionality.

If you want to have multiple codecs that actually use the same algorithm,
then you will need to give them different names in the plugin structures.
This will normally mean one of them will need to be a "non-standard"
codec, because only one of them can have the official IANA RTP name,

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment ? VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting