Development progress and feature planning

Hi fellow EasyTAG users

It might feel like EasyTAG development has been a bit quiet since 2.2.0 was released, and that is true, at least for the stable releases up to 2.2.3. I am working on fixing the bugs in a couple of crash reports, and if anyone finds any crashes or bugs in 2.2.3, please report them to the mailing list or Bugzilla. There will be (at least) a 2.2.4 release in the stable series, and maybe more releases if people keep finding bugs.

I have been quite busy on preparing the next major version, in the wip/application-window branch:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/log/?h=wip/application-window

It is not quite ready, but there should be an unstable preview release with all the changes of that branch relatively soon. This will not be recommended for everyday use, as there have been many internal changes, but is intended for people who want to test and report any bugs that they will find. I will discuss about it more when it is ready for release.

As most of the boring code reorganisation is now done, it is time to look towards new features and enhancements! I have thrown together some ideas on an Etherpad:

https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/aIFNli2shp

No account is required to edit, so go ahead and make changes. It is incomplete, and I would appreciate if people could add ideas there, or discuss them on the mailing list if they like. I will be at GUADEC over the course of the next week, and quite busy, so I might not have much chance to respond during that time.

I look forward to lots of good ideas (and any help in implementing them, too)!

--
http://amigadave.com/