Re: A UI design idea mockup for discussion

Hi Scott and Weiwu

On 2014-08-29 00:47, Scott Furry <scott wl furry gmail com> wrote:
I find that the tools used to convey ideas in code are usually dependent
on the group. In the case of easytag, I really can't say how "code" is
conveyed. For other projects where I'm involved, pastebin and imgur are
use to pass along code and images respectively without clogging up email
and IRC. Again, its just how a particular group may do things.

One thing to note is that this is a list for both user and developer discussion. Traditionally, there was not a high enough volume of discussion to keep those two groups separate, although you can get an indication of the increase in volume in recent months by looking at the list archives page:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/easytag-list/

I want to make it as easy as possible for people to contribute, so I will happily accept patches on the mailing list (possibly annoying for users, as they get "spammed" with patch emails), on Bugzilla (awkward for many, as it requires registration) or links to git branches. I will unhappily accept patches in other forms as well! ;-)

I have seen people post diffs and other files to the easytag mailing
list. I may have been a little over the top in my "security concerns".
Its a trust thing to save/run a file from a public mailing list. I
should have at least looked at the file before putting fingers to keyboards.

I think that it is prudent to be cautious, so I made a short screencast of the mockup that Weiwu created, to give an idea about the interactions, without the need to download and run it:

https://people.gnome.org/~davidk/easytag/weiwu-mockup-2014-08-29.webm

You're ideas are not being ignored. Honest! Maybe give people a few days
to get back after the long weekend and up to speed.
I'll have a look at the script this weekend.

Indeed! Sorry, I have been a bit busy over the past week, but things are beginning to quiet down now.

--
http://amigadave.com/