Re: A UI design idea mockup for discussion

On 28/08/14 07:37 PM, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
It took me 3 days to make the mockup. Didn't know my skill became so rusted.

It's been 4 days since I publish this mockup. What do you think about it? OKay, I was rude, I shouldn't have said "this design is not to address the pain in your ass", suddenly there is no "you" to comment on my work or implement them:) I merely wish to address a necesity to design for others (instead of "every good work of software starts by scratching a developer's personal itch").

I guess it's not because the mockup script doesn't run on your computer: most discussion here were technical, hence if there is a technical difficult someone would have said. But still, perhaps if I do it in a slideshow with pictures it would help communication? I'll take another 3-day's no reply as a yes and convert the script to a slideshow.
My issue with running the mockup is what is it in? I'm assuming its a tk script, but I don't use tk. Is it pure tk? Python/tk? perl/tk? There were no real indications of version of tk required or instructions of usage. Just a statement of "run this script". Hmmm...words "security risk" come to mind. It may have been useful to post to postbin and provide the link to the mailing list. The others can see the script itself before saving/downloading.

It is also the week before a long weekend in NA, so some people may be taking a week off before the end of summer.

Just an observation.
Scott