Re: buttons again

On 24/08/14 10:23 PM, Zhang Weiwu wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014, Scott Furry wrote:
I've always thought of the "abc" button as "apply to all tracks". e.g. If you are editing a few tracks and change the album name on one, clicking the "abc" button causes the album name to be propagated to all selected tracks".

And a keyboard short cut for "apply all" would be nice (rather than tabbing through - if tab order is set).

Indeed, verified. How very interesting, how did you figure that out!?
I could not fathom that!
I am truly amazed, I failed after all these mental work. How do you get the remotest idea of the true purpose of "Abc" button? You must be a programmer - all programmers think alike, in a mysterious way!

I can't recall if it was experimentation or searching/documentation that got me there. Mind you that was the "previous incarnation" of the buttons.

I remember reading this whole chapter in a LabView programming book that discussed the various "mental models" of how a program worked and was developed (user's, programmers, et al). Who knew there is a whole discipline dedicated to the psychology of the user interface?

Short story...someone writes the code...someone should at least have a faq/document describing the function.
Sadly it doesn't always work that way, even with non-open source code. :(

Play...Experiment.
If you haven't blown up an operating system lately...you haven't been trying hard enough ;-)

Scott