Re: Newly Installed Version 2.1.8 on Linux Problem

Hi David,

On 31/10/13 10:35, David King wrote:
On 2013-10-30 19:33, Budgie <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
On 30/10/13 17:05, David King wrote:
It seems that EasyTAG either cannot read the files or they are not
supported.

The former since they are flac or mp3 files.  Question is why not?

If the files were shown in 2.1.7, they should also be shown in 2.1.8, as
there were only very minor changes between 2.1.8 and 2.1.7 regarding
FLAC handling. My music library is in FLAC format, with a few MP3s, so
they are the most tested formats.

To debug, you can first check whether EasyTAG is linked against the FLAC
library, to make sure that FLAC support is enabled. To do this, run
"ldd" on the "easytag binary:

ldd /usr/bin/easytag

You should see a list of libraries. Look for libFLAC.so.8 (the number
may be different for you, but there should still be a line containing
libFLAC). If you have such a line, FLAC support is enabled.

If FLAC support is enabled and the files are still not shown, you will
need to debug the problem, probably by stepping through the code using a
debugger such as GDB. This is outside of the scope of what I can do
remotely, at least by mailing list, so I suggest that if you need help
with this, contact me on IRC (amigadave on freenode or irc.gnome.org)
and I can walk you through the necessary steps.

Many thanks. libFLAC.so.8 is included so it looks like I need to try to debug.

I have never used IRC before. I assume I should load the debug files from the repo site first. What other preparation is needed before starting and do we need to agree a mutually convenient time?
Very grateful to you for your kind offer.
Regards,
Budgie