Re: Silent install of Easytag on Windows

Hi Evgeny

On 2013-03-22 12:31, Evgeny <knockdowncore gmail com> wrote:
We are working on program Npackd (Package Manager for Windows).
http://code.google.com/p/windows-package-manager
Our Package Manager helps users to find and install free software
(Freeware), keep a system up-to-date and uninstall it if no longer
necessary.
Our program Npackd is absolutely free and released under GNU GPL license.

Looks interesting.

We offer GTK+ and MinGW (libiconv-2.dll) like dependencies for Easytag, and
they are installed before Easytag installation. But it's all the same, and *
*Easytag anyway suggests for installation GTK+ during silent installation
using Inno switches.

Hmm, are you using the old Windows installer (2.1.6?) for your package? I have done some work on making current EasyTAG versions work on Windows, together with a rewritten (NSIS) installer:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/easytag-list/2013-February/msg00004.html

I am hoping that this work will be completed for the 2.1.9 release, which is coming along well.

It prevents fully silent (unattended) installation of Easytag.

Is there any approach to disable such Easytag suggestion about GTK+?

It should be possible, and not too difficult, to add silent installation support to the next version of the installer. Do you have any other requirements, or maybe some guidelines on how to produce a "perfect installer" or something similar?

--
http://amigadave.com/