Re: EasyTag for Windows and Mac OS X

Hi Ross

Please see my reply below. I also send this to the mailing list <easytag-list gnome org> so that other interested people are aware of the current state of Windows and Mac OS X support for EasyTAG.

On 2013-02-22 23:35, Ross Specter <rspecter gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any plans for future builds of EasyTag for Windows? I am still using v2.1.6, and
find it to be by far the most feature rich tag editor I've found. There are many features I haven't seen in
other programs. Actually, if there were a Mac version, that would be great, as the state of ID3 taggers on
that OS is abysmal, but as there has never been a Mac version, I'm not thinking there would be.

Yes, I plan to make a Windows build available with the next release of EasyTAG, which should be relatively soon, maybe even within a month or two. As part of the work leading up to the 2.1.8 release, I made several fixes to the mingw support in EasyTAG, and even got to the point of building a Windows binary. I have only tested with FLAC and Vorbis support, and the installer is not quite functional (I need to add support for multiple languages and test on a Windows installation) but I tested the resulting binary in Wine and it worked.

In order to make a release of EasyTAG for Windows, I intend to make some mingw packages of a few important dependencies (at least taglib, id3lib and wavpack) for Fedora, so that it should be easy for others to replicate the steps required to build an installer.

As for a Mac OS X build, there was a branch on github with some Mac OS X integration:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/easytag-list/2012-August/msg00001.html

This is not up-to-date with the latest changes on master, but I would like to get a Mac OS X app bundle for EasyTAG as well. I will have some time to work on this after the 2.1.9 release, if nobody else gets to it first!

Thank you

Ross Specter

--
http://amigadave.com/