Re: What is "Negerpunk"?

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 14:00 -0700, Kip Warner wrote:
Thanks Götz. To be fair, we can't assess the motives behind the
nomenclature at the time the decision was made so I don't really know
for certain if it was intended to be a pejorative. As an example, the
prefix of the genre's etymology is rooted in the Latin which simply
means black. If it was thought that that had some kind of cultural
relevance to the music, it might be more suitable than a vague
"afro-punk" since I can't see anyone being comfortable with the
hypothetical "central asian-punk", "far east punk", "american punk",
"eurasian-punk", etc.

But if you can find a compelling reference that the motive was not in
good faith, I will remove it ASAP.

I just came across this. Mind you, I'm relying on a bad machine
generated English translation:

        "As is music so far deprived of discovery and acknowledgement of
        all music editors and music interested laymen, some legends,
        hereinafter called definitions, have formed in the course of
        time what actually is an impossibility, the term and its origin
        (see urban legends)..."

        "Negro punk is mistakenly held in many Internet forums for a
        meager gag any unspecified Norwegian. That survived the
        questionable term freshly compiled today in many MP3 players ,
        so that explains that the word Negro is indeed not the same as
        nigger or the label as a self reference is very common. The
        first is probably mainly euphemistically and the second is very
        questionable, more on this below in the third definition. Often
        during this also refer to Russian Internet sites clarification
        tests, which would clarify the concept. The pages are but
        useless, because unfortunately illegible for the disputants. In
        reality it is duplicates the Latin pages the Russian sides but
        Cyrillic . Overall, these approaches make a self-referential
        network, which is every few years strengthened by growing
        MP3collectors and renewed with the same threads."

  <http://www.thilobrai.onlinehome.de/Negerpunk_%28Musik%29.htm>

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred