Re: [Easytag-mailing] EasyTAG for the Mac

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 08:31 +0200, MaSch wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> in the past 3 years I have been developing and maintaining an EasyTAG
> binary build for the mac.

Hey Marco. Right on.

> You can see it in action here :
> http://marcoschuh.de/wp/?page_id=411
>
> I'm now preparing for a 2.1.8 release on your current git code and was
> wondering if you / the project would be interested into merging my code
> changes (after appropriate review of course) into the main tree.

I would be happy to merge on one conditions, though I won't be able to
be the one to do the review due to lack of time. But someone else might
be able to.

> These changes include mostly integration into the mac menubar, mac
> shortcuts and some path changes (which were hardcoded).
>
> For this I would guard all mac / gtk-osx-application specific code with
> preprocessor defines to seperate the platform and library specific code,
> so that for linux / windows / mac osx without native quartz, the
> building and functionality wouldn't change. But if you have native
> quartz and gtk-osx-application library present, it would make use of the
> functionality and integrate EasyTAG tighter into the mac desktop.

My only condition is that your branch needs to be updated to Gtk+ 3
before it is merged because we are already trying to port to Gtk+ 3
from 2 and to take a step back is to just create more work for
us.

> Furthermore I would like to ask if you would consider linking my build
> from the SF download page under the "You may be also interested by
> theses links :" section.

We could do that. But even easier might be to just add your binary
package to the list of downloads which might be the more appropriate
place for the layman to find it.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred