Re: [Easytag-mailing] EasyTAG for the Mac

On 8/21/12 8:42 AM, Kip Warner wrote:

> My only condition is that your branch needs to be updated to Gtk+ 3
> before it is merged because we are already trying to port to Gtk+ 3
> from 2 and to take a step back is to just create more work for
> us.
I see. I will try to get everything working with gtk3.
The SF github repo is still gtk2 ? So I should develop against this
repository ?

https://github.com/inzanity/easytag

as mentioned here :
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29378688

>> Furthermore I would like to ask if you would consider linking my build
>> from the SF download page under the "You may be also interested by
>> theses links :" section.
>
> We could do that. But even easier might be to just add your binary
> package to the list of downloads which might be the more appropriate
> place for the layman to find it.

You are right. But because the app package includes a whole gtk binary
distribution with GPL v2 libs, I think we would be obliged to distribute
the libs sources on the same page - like I do on my page.
Perhaps I'm too careful on this one - but the way I understand the
legalese in GPL v2 that's how it should be.

So perhaps linking to my page is the easiest - at least for starters
(like it is done with the fink link).

Regards Marco