Re: [Easytag-mailing] Mailing list is working ok?

Arnd,

Are you able to compile EasyTag from svn?
If so then you might try something to see how it works.

In file ogg_tag.c ( and flac_tag.c ) there is a define for MULTIFIELD_SEPARATOR near the top set to "-".

You could try changing this to something like ";" (semi colon, a less common title character) and see if you get the behaviour you want. I don't know if this would be accepted as a fix in the regular EasyTag build as I'm just new here and I also don't know if there is an Ogg standard that says "-" should be a separator. My brief reading on Wikipedia suggests there isn't really an Ogg standard for metadata fields and choosing "-" seems a little odd.

If you try that and it works well then at least you would have a working copy for yourself that doesn't break titles on "-". (I haven't tried this because I actually don't have or use Ogg files but when I saw your request I had a quick look through the code and it appears this define controls the behaviour you are having issues with).

Chris :)

Arnd wrote:
Bart Sjerps <bs xs4all nl> [Tue, 25 May 2010 12:37:09 +0200]

If it helps, I would be glad to consolidate all existing, working and
useful patches into one and create a next version of Easytag.

This would be awesome!

I'm a frequent user myself, I use a squeezebox with squeezecenter

Same here. I still use EasyTag 2.1.5 though, because of this bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2116872&group_id=5216&atid=105216

Do you think you can eliminate this one?

Regards,
Arnd