Re: [Easytag-mailing] UTF issue

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 09:10:22 +0200
Oliver <olivers69 hispeed ch> wrote:

> I have the same symptoms with easytag 2.1.6. I use mp3diag to correct
> the files after using easytag. mp3diag tells me: some tags contain
> characters above 127 encoded in Latin1, which is correct according to
> standard but not widely supported. And it recommends to convert all
> tags to UTF16. But my settings of easytag already show ID3v2.3 with
> Unicode UTF-16!
>
> So I think the cause of this bug is, that easytag ignores its settings
> for ID3v2.3 and uses always Latin1 (btw: my $LANG is "de_CH.UTF-8")

Well, I found this (I use Debian Testing):

# apt-get install python-mutagen

And then:

$ mid3iconv -d -p 43-Miei-signori-tutto-e-fatto.mp3

This Python script converts (as mp3diags says, thnx!) to utf-8
encoding. The problem has been solved now.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html                         |