[Easytag-mailing] UTF issue

This is probably not an Easytag issue, but maybe someone here has the
answer. I convert a tags-edited flac file to mp3 using a shell script
and "pacpl":

$ pacpl -v  --outdir /tmp/mp3 --to mp3 --encoder lame --defopts 0 \
--eopts "-m s -v -V 0" /tmp/flac/43-Miei-signori-tutto-e-fatto.flac

The result is a /tmp/mp3/43-Miei-signori-tutto-e-fatto.mp3 file.

As the conversion does not take the album art and the composer field in
account, I post-edit the file with Easytag. This is where things go
wrong with special characters:

Original:

Cosí Fan Tutte, Karl Böhm

Result Easytag:

Cosí Fan Tutte, Karl Böhm

But mp3info shows the right encoding:

mp3info 43-Miei-signori-tutto-e-fatto.mp3
File: 43-Miei-signori-tutto-e-fatto.mp3
Title:   Miei signori, tutto è fatto   Track: 43
Artist:  Wiener Philharmoniker, Wiener
Album:   Cosí Fan Tutte, Karl Böhm    Year:  1974

$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

All settings of Easytag are set to UTF8. I'm certainly missing
something crucial somewhere. Anyone an idea?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html                         |