Re: [Easytag-mailing] UTF issue

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 22:09:37 -0500
Kevin Day <thekevinday gmail com> wrote:

> There is a known bug with id3lib during the write process.
>
> I cannot remember where I got this patch, it is somewhere on the
> sourceforge id3lib or easytag mailing lists.
>
> The post the patch is based off of is here:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1016290&group_id=979&atid=300979
>
> You will have to know how to apply this patch and recompile your
> id3lib to get this applied.

Thanks, but the patch has already been applied by Debian in 2003 (by
Jerome Couderc btw) OTOH: it's a UTF8 issue, not UTF16...

> For a more personal note, I am interesting in your pacpl script.
> If it is under a GPL license of sorts, I wouldn't mind trying it out.
> I have been wanting to convert my MP3 files that I have and put them
> in OGG format, but I lack anything that will auto-pull the tags from
> the MP3 so I can add them to the OGG files.

Well, that's quite simple:

http://pacpl.sourceforge.net/

HTH,

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html                         |