[Easytag-mailing] Great tool. Small problem with Japanese

Hello,

I have a large number of mp3s with tags encoded in Shift_jis. Rhythmbox is unable to display these. I wrote a little perl script to use network kanji filter to change the encoding, but ran into problems with perl's UTF support.

Then I found EasyTAG. Life is much better now :)

It works on almost all my files, save a few. EasyTAG ( and my silly script ) don't recognize the encoding as Shift_jis on them. If I remove the id3v1 tags, it works.

I looked for an option to ignore id3v1 tags for purposes of determining the encoding, but didn't see anything. If you can point me in the right direction within the code, I happy to investigate why these particular files are causing a problem.

I'm using EasyTAG 2.1 on a Fedora 7 64 bit system.

Thanks for making EasyTAG,

Andy