Re: [Easytag-mailing] Great tool. Small problem with Japanese

Azat,

Hello. No, i can't point you anything in the code, but...
I don't like id3v1 in mp3s and store all tags in id3v2.4 only now. I was inspired by http://vnaum.livejournal.com/11022.html (http://www.google.com/language_tools include a rus-eng translator) to convert all my collection from id3v1 with cp1251 encoding. Maybe it helps you too. Theoretically, all that you need are to download Mutagen and to run

Thanks for the links. I didn't know about mutagen nor that there was a id3 version 2.4. I used another tool id3v2 to remove the id3v1 tags. It does not do encoding conversion however. I think the official encoding for the tags is ASCII, UTF-8 or UTF-16.

For my purposes, all I really need to do it remove the id3v1 tags and then EasyTAG works fine. I do like the having a command line too though.

cd /path/to/music/
find -iname '*.mp3' -print0 | xargs -0 /path/to/mutagen/tools/mid3iconv -eShift_JIS --remove-v1

from parent directory of your music collection (test in one small backuped directory first!). Use the lastest Mutagen package: some early mid3iconv versions process the files partially. Good luck!

    Sorry for my english. Azat.

You English is fine. I had no problems understanding you. Thanks for your help.

Andy