Re: [Easytag-mailing] some questions...

Hi,

2007/8/22, Kemel Zaidan Maluf <kemelzaidan gmail com>:
Hi,

I don't know if this is the best place to ask for help, but i couldn't find any other place to do so. No foruns, no mails, no help docs etc. I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place.

I have two questions:

1-the software description on the site says it is able to edit aac (mp4) audio tags, but i just couldn't do it. On the help/about menu, it says that aac support is unavailable. Why is that? Is there any way to turn it on or make it available?

If you are using the windows version, at the present time I didn't suceeded to compile libmp4v2 with MinGW : it is why this feature isn't available...
But with the linux versions, there is no problem if you compile first libmp4v2 ( http://resare.com/libmp4v2/dist)

2-I guess i should be able to add album cover for multiple tracks easily, because this is very common task, but i am just not able to do it with easytag. I select all the tracks and edit them as usual, but the cover is added only to one of the tracks on the selection. I don't know if this is a bug, but i couldn't find a place to report bugs, so i am doing it here.

There is some documentation on the package source, or from http://easytag.sourceforge.net/EasyTAG_Documentation.html

But for you problem : to set the same images to all files : select all files and press the small button of the rigth of the "picture" field

Besides those things, the software is very nice and full of resources. The user interface could be a little more intuitive, but you get used to it after a while.

Thanks,

Kemel Zaidan

Regards,
Jerome