Re: [Easytag-mailing] UTF-8, id3lib and easytag

Hey all
Ricardo Espinoza wrote:
Hello!

I changed my easytag preferences to always use Unicode but that didn't do the trick, when i save them and reload it (rhythmbox or easytag) they are messed up. But i believe info is still there, because if i try "id3info * > test.txt" and i open it with gedit i can see the correct tag information. What's wrong? Rhythmbox not reading as UTF8?

UTF-8 is only valid in ID3v2.4 tags.
id3lib 3.8.3 (and therefore Easytag) supports up to ID3v2.3 and hence
doesn't write UTF-8.

Rhythmbox sees an ID3v2.3 tag and since UTF-8 is not a valid encoding
for ID3v2.3 it'll parse it incorrectly.

Everything will be fixed with id3v2.4 ? Need extra parameters?
Special config?

Everything will be fixed in id3v2.4.
Except that there's little incentive to do so considering that the vast
majority (of Linux users certainly) are either happy with ISO-8859 mp3
tags or are now using alternate music formats (ogg, flac).

or tell me that it's not possible right now.

It's not possible right now.
Try using UTF-16 instead. id3lib should handle that although I seem to remember it being somewhat buggy...

ciao
  Mark

Q. Why is top-posting a problem?