[Easytag-mailing] UTF-8, id3lib and easytag

Hello!

I tried to find an answer to my problem but i can't find it, at least no
the reason i want, so i'll ask here, hope someone already fixed this or
tell me that it's not possible right now.

Anyway, i'm usign id3lib 3.8.3 (lastest) and easytag 1.99.11
What i want it's the unicode characters to work in the mp3 tags, for
example, i have several songs using japanese characters, so for me it's
better to have them as japanese and not romanized chars, so i downloaded
easytag, compiled it and fill the tags with this, but what did i found
out? that when i try Rhythmbox i see garbled text.
I changed my easytag preferences to always use Unicode but that didn't
do the trick, when i save them and reload it (rhythmbox or easytag) they
are messed up. But i believe info is still there, because if i try
"id3info * > test.txt" and i open it with gedit i can see the correct
tag information.
What's wrong? Rhythmbox not reading as UTF8? Everything will be fixed
with id3v2.4 ? Need extra parameters? Special config?

:)

Thanks for reading this!