[Easytag-mailing] id3v2 tagging slow?

Hi I'm using 1.99.10 on my Ubuntu Breezy system. I'm re-tagging a lot of
files and have found that when the id3v2 portion of the tag already
exists, the files will save too rapidly to count.

However, when the v2 tag did not previously exist, it takes 2-5 seconds
to write the tag for each file, which really adds up over 10-20 songs
per album and 100s of albums. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I didn't see anything in the archives about it.

Thanks,

--
Ted Anderson