Re: [Easytag-mailing] More metadata in files

On 11/18/05, Stavros Giannouris <stavrosg2002 freemail gr> wrote:
> Ogg (and flac of course) comment fields[1] specification support, allow,
> and encourage[2] multiple entries of the same comment, exactly for
> this kind of use.
>
> The problem lies on the applications that should make use of it. (They
> do not at all, or not in a convenient way). I don't know how easytag
> copes with that, but there are more qualified people to answer this
> question in this mailing list. ;-)
>
> [1] Metadata tags are named comments in the ogg 'dialect' :-)
> [2] See http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html for a quick
> outline and a bit of technical detail.

Stavros,
Thanks for the reply.  I had come across that page before but that
detail had not registered at that point.  I was able to use 'metaflac
--set-tag="Genre=Foobar" myfile.flac' to set additional genre comments
(and MPD finds them all! :), so I guess my question at this point is
whether there is any efficient way to do this for a group of files.
From what I can tell, EasyTAG only supports setting one....

Regards,
Andrew

--