Re: [Easytag-mailing] More metadata in files

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:27:09 -0500
Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:

<snipped>

> (For those of you who use GMail, I'm thinking of something like
> they're labels; one file will have multiple "genre" designations.)
>
> --
> http://aconkling.blogspot.com
> [Error decoding BASE64]
Ogg (and flac of course) comment fields[1] specification support, allow,
and encourage[2] multiple entries of the same comment, exactly for
this kind of use.

The problem lies on the applications that should make use of it. (They
do not at all, or not in a convenient way). I don't know how easytag
copes with that, but there are more qualified people to answer this
question in this mailing list. ;-)

[1] Metadata tags are named comments in the ogg 'dialect' :-)
[2] See http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html for a quick
outline and a bit of technical detail.

Regards,
--
Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg jabber org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"