Re: [Easytag-mailing] Help using EasyTag

On 8/29/05, Marius Scurtescu <marius scurtescu gmail com> wrote:
> I finally figured what the problem was. As I mentioned all the songs
> had a dummy author set to "Various" and it seems that the scanner will
> not change any tag that has a value already set (maybe there is a
> setting for this). I had to first clear the tags I was trying to set
> and then the scanner will set values as expected.

Yes, it would be nice if this worked on empty fields in partially-filled tags.

> Another small issue with the "Rename File and Directory" scanner. It
> did rename all the song file names as expected, but the browser window
> did not reflect this until I saved the changes. It would help to see
> the new names before you save.

You can see them (well, partially) in the upper right filename text
entry (forget its actual name at the moment).  Come to think of it, it
would be nice if one could see more of the text more easily; renaming
to a different directory tree can make the new filename quite long....

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com