Re: gnome-dvb-daemon vs boxstard

Am 28.04.2010 20:24, schrieb Tony Houghton:
I remembered another little technical point. Vdr and some other DVB
programs look up and save a service's PIDs when doing a channel scan. Is
that how gdd works? The trouble with this is that several channels (at
least here in the UK) are only on for part of the day (usually replaced
by another channel in the other half of the day) and their PIDs aren't
available in the PMT the rest of the time, so VDR can't tune to them
unless you've scanned at the right time of day. I think VDR's developers
are too focused on making switching channels as fast as possible, but
I've found that looking up the PMT is very fast so it's better to look
up the PIDs on demand instead of storing them.

PIDs are stored in the channels.conf file, therefore they are fixed. You have to add those channels with correct pids manually I guess. You could you create a list of channels if don't know the PIDs beforehand?

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl