gnome-dvb-daemon vs boxstard

I only found out about this project today, by accident, when installing
some other totem-related packages. For the last couple of years I've
been gradually developing a DVB server of my own as part of my boxstar
project <http://boxstar.sourceforge.net>. If gnome-dvb-daemon had been
at the stage it is now when I started, I probably would have decided to
use it instead, and get involved in its development (I was half thinking
it might be nice to learn vala anyway), because its feature set is ver
close to what I'm looking for. Even now I think I might be better off
abandoning boxstard in favour of gdd, but there are a few important
features I want, that I'm concerned gdd might be lacking.

* The web page doesn't explicitly say that you can watch TV on a
  separate PC from the server, but I presume that it is possible, and so
  taken for granted that's the reason it isn't mentioned?

* I also want to be able to use the PC as a STB, which means being able to
  control everything with a remote control without needing a full keyboard
  and mouse, so channels should be selectable by number as well as name.
  My code supports LCNs and can get them from the SI for the Freeview and
  Freesat services I can pick up in the UK, although I don't fully
  understand Freesat's system and had to "fudge" the correct assignment of
  numbers to channels which have regional variants.

* Freesat's EPG (EIT schedule) is broadcast on non-standard PIDs and the
  text is Huffman-encoded.

* Does gdd support subtitles?

Would the developers be willing to incorporate all of these features? I
don't mind having to write the code myself as long as I know people are
willing to accept it into the official package.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk