Re: dogtail Accessing a ui running as root?

On 07/12/2011 01:02 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
On 07/12/2011 12:52 PM, Swapna wrote:
I ran leafpad (GTK+ text editor) with sudo and ran sniff as my personal
user. Sniff was able to see leafpad. This was on RHEL 6.1

Please make sure that sniff runs as user. It will not run as root. When
sniff is run as user, it should see some/any applications if
accessibility is working properly.

I think accessibility or dogtail is not working properly. Can you run
sniff as user and paste any messages that appear on terminal?

- Swapna

Swapna took a look at this, and I am consistently (F14 RHEL 6.1) not able to see items run as root by a sniff run as my own user. Is this a valid case? Is there any configuration voodoo I need to do?

-- bk