feedback

Hi,

I have recently started using Dia and I like it a lot (I’ve used Visio in the past), but it does seem to have a lot of bugs. There are a lot of improvements that could be made as well, some I have listed below:

1. When I open a saved diagram, it is often ‘off screen’ and is only visible by scrolling up. Surely it should open in the position it was saved in.

2. When I add a new item (box, text etc.), many, or all of the other items already on the page ‘disappear’ until I click around the screen to get them back.

3. Why can I not set and save a default location for files – I don’t want them saved in Dia or Windows directories.

4. Also, why can I not change the default text font or size? It is annoying to have to change this every time I add text, as the default is far too big!

5. Why can’t I scroll ‘off screen’ without creating a new item that goes off screen? Sometimes, I can’t even scroll back to the start (left edge) of the current screen

I’m sure there’s more, but I can’t think of them at the moment.

Regards,

Steve D.