Re: feedback

Greetings, Baddesleyvia dia-list!

I have recently started using Dia and I like it a lot (I’ve used Visio in
the past), but it does seem to have a lot of bugs. There are a lot of
improvements that could be made as well, some I have listed below:

1. When I open a saved diagram, it is often ‘off screen’ and is only
visible by scrolling up. Surely it should open in the position it was saved in.

As has been said, this means you have an item at the given coordinates, that
Dia is positioning to.

2. When I add a new item (box, text etc.), many, or all of the other items
already on the page ‘disappear’ until I click around the screen to get them  back.

This seems to be unrelated to Dia itself, try checking your desktop manager
configuration/update drivers/reduce acceleration by a notch.

3. Why can I not set and save a default location for files – I don’t want
them saved in Dia or Windows directories.

Aside from setting default working directory for a shortcut, you can add Dia
template file to the Explorer templates, and create new files before starting
Dia.

4. Also, why can I not change the default text font or size? It is annoying
to have to change this every time I add text, as the default is far too  big!

Tck. You definitely can. Ask how, instead of complaining that you can't.

5. Why can’t I scroll ‘off screen’

Panning work area is done with middle mouse button.
Also there's a minimap locator at the bottom-right of the work area.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...